Where to Watch Birds
Looking for a place to go birding in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland? We've compiled a list of some of the best birding spots Vancouver has to offer. Don't forget to bring your binoculars! We carry a wide range of binoculars and scopes from Vortex and Eagle Optics.
- Burnaby Lake Regional Park (Burnaby)
- Deer Lake Park (Burnaby)
- Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area (Burnaby)
- Colony Farm Regional Park (Coquitlam)
- Have you ever wondered what birds are in your neighbourhood?
- Are you looking to see a particular species?
- Are you a "lister" who likes to keep track of all the birds you see?
- Do you enjoy contributing to science and conservation?
If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, then you'll want to check out eBird! What is eBird you ask? It is a real-time program where you can share and view bird sightings online.
At Wild Birds Unlimited in North Vancouver, staff members report birds they see in front of the store on eBird. You too can report your bird sightings from your yard, a local park, or just about anywhere you see birds.
If you want a heads up on recent rare bird sightings or would like to report a rare bird the BC Bird Alert is a great resource.
Join Naturalist Al Grass on one of his Bird Treks. Click here for a list of his upcoming bird walks.