We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
1302 West Broadway,
(at Birch) FREE PARKING IN REAR
Vancouver, BC V6H 1H2
Phone: (604) 736-2676
Fax: (604) 736-5419
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Sharp-Shinned Hawk eggs hatch and fledglings make their first flights after 23 – 27 days.
• Purple Martin young fledge 28 – 35 days after hatching.
• Many loons lay two eggs during the last week of June.
• The Harlequin Ducks build nests along fast flowing streams, then incubate their eggs for 28 – 29 days.
• Western Tanagers nest mid-month.
• Little Brown and Hoary Bats give birth to their young.
• Diminutive Daylilies and Bearded Iris in bloom.
• The striking orange Columbia Lily blooms.
• Young chickadees and Downy Woodpeckers follow their parents to suet feeders.
• Thimbleberry ripens and packs a lot of raspberry flavor into a soft cuplike fruit.
• The European forest plant, Wall Lettuce, blooms and releases its tiny parachutes.
• Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.