- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Christmas Bird Count is this month, birds.audubon.org/christmas-bird-count
- Sharp-shinned Hawks visit bird feeders until February.
- Many raptors overwinter in the area. Look for Rough-legged Hawks and Golden and Bald Eagles.
- The rainy season has begun. Protect your seed and feeders with weather domes.
- Keep an open source of water for the birds with a bird bath and heater.
- Largest congregation of Bald Eagles in the lower 48 states can be viewed along the upper Skagit River through January feeding on spawned-out salmon.
- Decorate a tree for the birds. Pick a tree in the yard and decorate with edible ornaments for your feathered friends.
- Geminid Meteor Shower is mid-month.